Friday, December 30, 2005

Slashdot | Microsoft's Big Bet on Online Gaming

Slashdot :
And games designed for multiple players have a mixed record of attracting customers.' Says analyst Michael Pachter, 'At the end of the day, we don't play games for social interaction ... We play games to escape.' Microsoft's strategy is 'absolutely flawed,' he added.""


Is online gaming a wasted investment for MS and Sony? I know I tend to shy away from online opponents. Even in a simple game of chess. When I play games I do it for my entertainment, not to socialize. I don't want to bother other people and I don't want other people to bother me. If I do want to play aginst someone I want to know who the person is. I don't trust strangers. But I'm not much of a people person. Are most people like me, problably not. I'm sure MS and Sony have done research and are on the money on this one. Online gaming is going to drive broadband to the home, just like gaming drove pc devlopment over the past 15 years.

No comments: